Just a quick post on how to increase the size of the WordPress xml file used in a restore. This is done via Tools > Import and the maximum xml size for a WordPress xml restore is around 2MB. So how to increase the maximum WordPress xml file size?
It’s quite easy but took a few goes to get it right – so here’s a cheat sheet to make it easier fo you.
2) Add the following text:
3) The 10M refers to to the maximum size you can post – make it bigger if you need to.
3) FTP the php.ini file to the root of your WordPress installation (so it sits alongside wp-config.php).
4) That’s it – the php.ini should have changed the upload WordPress XML size and it should now be increased to 10MB.
5) Here’s the SSH instructions for the php.ini
6) Import WordPress XML file as per normal
Hope it helped!