CEO beware. It’s official, or at least as official as it gets – Economist Intelligence Unit interviewed 406 top bosses and found they were more attuned to social media benefits than their middle management. Or as the EIU puts it:
“These findings point to a possible disconnect between the corner office and the rest of the organization on how to best incorporate Web 2.0 practices into business.”
Key findings of the report include:
- Customers are helping to develop and support products.
- Ease of acquiring and supporting customers provide the biggest financial benefits.
- Early adopters are to be found in many countries and industries.
- The C-suite is more enthusiastic than lower-level executives.
- CFOs are the most skeptical about the potential of Web 2.0.
To download a copy of the report, visit www.fastsearch.com/EIU
Update: great review from Bill Ives on FastForward: Economist Finds True Believers in Business Value of Social Software